29.8.11

BLACK AND WHITE

The sandals on the left inspired this DIY. When I first saw them I knew I must have them . . . but since there was no link to the maker, and even if there were i most likely couldn't afford them, I filed them away in the Future DIY folder on my desktop.

When I saw the sandals on the right (for $10 at a thrift store) I thought they'd be a good base for my project. I had some white leather paint left over from a project I did last year so I have it a go. Even though I'm pretty happy with the result, I still have my eyes peeled for the real deal. . .

8 Comments:

Blogger Arlie said...

heck yeah Molly! I've been eyeing those sandals for a while... yours look amazing!

August 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOVE this! Now they are completely one of a kind, you did a great job, you may have to start a reclaimed leather sandal business! Do let me know if you ever do...:)

August 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger bravegrrl said...

great diy. i never found the perfect sandals this summer... loving both of these :)

so where does one find leather paint?

August 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Tory said...

The ones on the left are H&M Fashion for Aids collection from last year... I have a pair I never wear because they're too small :(

August 30, 2011 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Pennerad said...

excellent job. sooo good!
maybe you and tory ^^^ can swap?

August 30, 2011 at 9:37 PM  
Anonymous enterrement de vie de jeune fille said...

Elles sont superbes ces sandales, c'est tellement difficile de trouver de belles paires, bravo !!!

Séréna

September 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

I actually prefer yours!

September 3, 2011 at 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the originals were not expensive at all. h&m but already two years ago :(

September 8, 2011 at 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home